Water damage is the most destructive and common problem you may encounter as a homeowner in America. If you don’t take care of it as soon, excess water in your home can cause irrecoverable damage to your home’s structure and furnishings. It can even drive the growth of hazardous mold.
What is Water Damage?
Water damage is a common disaster for homeowners. Water damage can cause problems such as paint damage or affecting the structure of your home. Many reasons may cause water damage to your home. The areas in your home that will see damage include ceilings, kitchens, walls, and your basement. This is because leaky pipes and floods are possible in mentioned areas. It would help if you got consultation immediately when dealing with water damage or flooding in these common areas.
What Causes a Water Damage?
- Plumbing leaks
- Broken water heaters
- Severe weather
- Appliance leaks
- Burst or broken pipes and hoses
- A clogged toilet
- Moisture behind walls
- A leaking roof
- Clogged gutters
- HVAC condensation
- Blocked drains
- A leaking water heater
- Washing machine supply line leak
- Sump pump problems
- Structural damage
- Foundation cracks
Water Damage Restoration Process:
- We assess the damage through an inspection.
- Water mitigation and preventing further damage to your home. Water mitigation is the process of avoiding the amount of water damage that happens after a flood or due to a leaking roof.
- We help you recover from the water damage, with a focus on returning your property to pre-loss conditions.
By taking fast action and Contacting DKI Restoration, you can prevent additional damage and cost.
What to Do Before Restoration Experts Arrive?
- 1- Call for professional help. Immediately.
- 2- Remove as much water as you can by blotting
- and mopping.
- 3- Do not try to remove wall-to-wall carpet without the use of an expert.
- 4- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
What Not to Do Before Restoration Experts Arrive?
- 1- Don’t enter rooms with standing water till electricity is turned off!
- 2- Never use a household vacuum to remove the extra water.
- 3- Nevermore lifts tacked-down carpet without expert assistance.
- 4- Never use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
Important Cautions in Water Damage:
- Inspect for electrical and structural damage from outside to determine if it is safe to enter.
- Electrical safety is vital in floods. Check for gas leaks and fire hazards. Try to use battery-powered lights.
- Don’t mix chlorine bleach with ammonia or vinegar.
- Wear sturdy shoes, rubber gloves, and eye protection.
- Be watchful for fire ants, snakes, or other animals.
- If mold is present, wear a respirator that can filter spores.
With immediate response, your floors, walls, and priceless possessions can often be preserved and restored. DKI Restoration Team is available 24/7 for emergency water damage services or flooded house restoration. From A to Z, we’re with you at every step of water damage restoration. Until the last piece of your furniture has been put back in place, and you’re safely back in your home.
If you encounter any water damage in your home, Call Our Water Damage Restoration Experts at DKI Restoration. We are available 24 hours and every seven days of the week to provide emergency water damage services.
- Residential Water Damage Restoration and Repair Service.Servicemasterrestore.
- Water Damage Restoration & Clean Up Checklist. Agrilifeextension.
- Lacoma, T. 2019 ( January 28). 12 Tips for Water Damage Repair. Familyhandyman